The questions to follow are CSCS mock exam questions that should be expected when taking the actual exam. Questions will range from construction site safety, safety equipment etiquette, fire extinguisher types knowledge and much more. We have attempted to provide you with a variety of CSCS mock questions to better prepare yourself for your CSCS exam. Test your knowledge below to help prepare yourself for the real deal. Best of luck and leave a comment below on how you got on!
- What does it mean when a work site is given a prohibition notice? Choose Two Answers
- The work site has to undergo review
- Your supervisor has been fined for lack of safety protocol
- The skilled crew members are the only people who can continue working
- All workers must stop work immediately.
- While operating power tools, what are the minimum requirements?
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be trained and knowledgeable about power tools
- If someone on your work site is using loud equipment and you do not have proper protective equipment, which action should you take?
- Leave the area and require proper PPE for your ears
- Complain to your supervisor
- Tell co-worker to stop working
- Continue working without proper equipment
- You notice a ladder is damaged, what should you do?
- Put the ladder to the side
- Use ladder while avoiding the damaged part
- Stop using the damaged ladder and report broken ladder to co-workers
- Repair ladder then continue working
- Why are risk assessments vital to the work place?
- They identify the supervisors of the job site
- They identify accident statistics on job site
- They identify the location of equipment on job site
- They identify hazards and provide safety precautions on the job site
- What action should you take if a load is too heavy and is unable to break into smaller parts?
- Use a fork-lift despite a lack of training
- Carry the load quickly
- Wait until there is help
- Drag the load across the job site yourself
- How can one identify a hazardous substance?
- The container’s colour
- The substance’s colour
- The container has a blue label
- The specific symbol on the label
- What health issues can solvents in paints lead to?
- Headaches & Dizziness
- Lung issues
- Other issues with the body
- All of the Above
- Of the following, which does not belong in a fire triangle?
- Ignition Sources
- Which action below causes the most accidents on work sites?
- Slips and Falls
- What safety precautions should be taken to ensure safety?
- Get the job done as quickly as possible
- Read and fully understand the instructions and assessment
- Read the safety posters
- Talk to co-workers about it
- Which fire extinguishers are black and cream?
- CO2 and Water
- CO2 and Dry Powder
- H2O and Foam
- CO2 and Foam
- What is the proper form when lifting a load from the ground?
- Knees straight bent back
- Feet spread wide as possible
- Feet slightly apart, knees bent
- Feet together, knees straight
- Which of the following people are allowed to activate the fire alarm?
- Anyone who finds the fire
- A health and safety representative
- Your supervisor
- Your manager
- How many days can a disposable mask be used?
- Why is it important to keep a clean work space?
- Keeps away animals
- Reduces risk of accidents such as slipping and falling
- Helps lessen environmental impact
- All of the above
- Which of the following causes a Class A fire?
- Live electric
- Wood, Plastic, Paper, and any other solid material
- Cooking oils
- How can one tell if a substance is asbestos?
- Ask the supervisor
- Ask your co-workers
- Sniff the substance
- Have it tested in a lab
- What is the best way to see if a load is too heavy for you to lift?
- Check description that is provided with the load
- Slightly lift load then drop immediately
- Check to see height of load and determine
- Calculate the length and height of load
- What indication is shown by a blue health and safety sign?
- Hazard Sign
- Stop Sign
- Prohibition Sign
- Mandatory Sign
- What substance is inside a blue fire extinguisher?
- Carbon Dioxide
- Dry Powder
- During an accident, a first aider can do all except which of the following?
- Do CPR
- Bandage Cuts
- Prescribe medicine
- Move victim while unconscious
- When the site is given prohibition notice who can work?
- Skilled Workers only
- Should not be used until safe
- Managers only
- Supervisors only
- Why is it important to collect dust while using power tools?
- Enhanced performance of tools
- Save time
- Substance can be harmful when inhaled
- Avoid making a mess
- What action should be taken when a fire alarm is set off?
- Locate fire and put it out
- Pack belongings and go to fire assembly point
- Go directly to fire assembly point
- Which extinguisher of the following is best used for an electrical fire?
- Wet Chemical
- While on a building site, who of the following can use a class 3 ladder?
- Class 3 ladders should not be used
- Only trained workers
- Anyone is allowed to use a class 3 ladder
- Only supervisors
- Which person should a serious accident be reported to?
- HSE inspectors
- The local police
- An employer
- The worksite security
- A sign that shows a fire and finger pressing a button in red and white means?
- The area is a fire assembly point
- The area has a fire extinguisher
- There is a fire alarm
- B and C
- While putting out an electrical fire, if a CO2 extinguisher is not available, which should you use?
- Dry powder extinguisher
- H2O extinguisher
- Wet Chemical extinguisher
- CO2 Extinguisher
- What is an employer’s responsibility while a worker is lifting a load?
- The worker is responsible for themselves
- Employer has to provide a risk assessment
- Employer must watch worker lift
- Employer has to lift load themselves
- If climbing heights on a ladder make’s you uncomfortable, which action should you take?
- Use a shorter ladder
- Ask a co-worker to do the work
- Talk to the supervisor
- Only climb as high as you feel like
- What action should be taken when a live electrical wire falls into the water?
- Ignore the issue and report after work
- Avoid the area as quickly as possible
- Remove the wire yourself
- Notify co-workers immediately
- Can hearing loss be reversed after working on a construction site with excessive noise?
- Damage is irreversible
- Hearing can come back with surgery
- The hearing will return when you change jobs.
- Hearing repairs self.
- Of the following, which is the best definition of a hazard?
- Chemicals that are unlabelled
- A substance of action that is potentially harmful
- Cables that are left on the floor
- Tools that are left on the floor
- What should be done with unlabelled bottles of chemicals?
- Ignore the bottle
- Dispose of bottle yourself
- Sniff bottle to see if it is harmful
- Report bottle to supervisor immediately
- Of the following, who should report unsafe work practices?
- Anyone who notices
- Supervisor only
- Employer only
- Co-workers only
- Which of the following is associated with COSHH?
- Safety while using ladders
- Safety while using electrical equipment
- Safety while lifting
- Safety while handling hazardous materials
- What is the safest way to lift a load?
- Feet as close as possible
- Feet slightly apart
- Back Rounded
- Back Straight
- Which year was the Health and Safety at work act passed?
- Which action should be taken if a worker is unsure about a certain topic on the site induction?
- Ask presenter to explain more
- Ask health and safety representative during next break
- Ask the next day
- Ask co-workers
- Which of the following are NOT part of a worker’s responsibility?
- Report dangerous work practices
- Provide a PPE
- Record risk assessments
- Discuss concerns over safety
- What does the term PASS stand for while using a fire extinguisher?
- Pull aim, smother, squeeze
- Pull, aim, squeeze, sweep
- Point, aim, sweep, squeeze
- Point aim, squeeze, smother
- How many workers need to be employed at a company before they need to record a risk assessment?
- Only one
- 5 +
- Which precaution should be taken after discovering a crack in your safety helmet?
- Replace on next break
- Carry on working
- Get a replacement as quickly as possible
- Glue the crack and continue working
- What colour is a wet chemical fire extinguisher?
- How many times can disposable ear plugs be used?
- Three times
- As many times as you’d like so long as they are cleaned
- When should eye protection be used while working?
- In direct sunlight
- While using power tools
- When the site demands it
- While handling hazardous chemicals
- Which action should be taken when a child is found on the job site?
- Tell your employer
- Tell your supervisor
- Continue working
- Take child off site quickly
- Which health and safety signs have a triangle shape?
- Smoking sign
- Hazard sign
- Prohibition sign
- Mandatory sign
Congratulations for finishing this full CSCS mock test, you can find the answers below but just using one of the simple sharing icons and the answers will be shown to you. Let us know how you get on.
- A, D
- B & C
Don’t forget to leave a comment below with how you got on taking this mock exam.
Good mock test
I’m glad you liked it. How did you get on?
Very good test
How did you do?
thanks, where to find answers
Answers are at the bottom
I can’t find them the amswers
The answers will be revealed after you click one of the sharing icons.
I’ve tried to share a few times, and still no answers. Any suggestions?
What happens to the page after you share?
Good test but unable to view answers even though using link requirements
What happened James?
Really good mock?
is this mock for operators or Managers
This is a mixture of questions that you would face taking the CSCS Test, something for everyone to get a feel for the type of questions.
48/50 not bad for first go
That would be a pass in the real exam!
Very good, got 44 out of 50.
You did better than me brah, lemme try again.
Brilliant mock exam, I got 45 on my first go, will be revision a little more before the real exam
Thanks, how did you get on??
Very good test
Thanks for the test, Im managed to get 47/50 on my first attempt. Thank you
Good Test – cant find the answers though – even after sharing
My score sucked big time when I took this test earlier. Not a very good sign for taking on the actual exam. At least now, I have something to practice on during my break periods. These questions really showed me that I need to put more effort in order for me to get a satisfactory score. Thank you for sharing this!
Got 42/50. Not happy about it. The questions don’t switch places when I refresh the page, right? It would be very helpful if it did…
This is super handy! After taking the mock exam, I knew which topics I still have to work on. I didn’t get a good mark on my first run, but I’ll do better next time.
Well I got only 36 out of 50 right. I have a ways to go buddy. Let’s try this again.
Great construction skills test. This is a must for people trying to enter the construction industry. Will share this with my brother because that’s what he’s trying to do.
This is very helpful key questions and answers, will share on twitter and facebook!
This is great information. I was just wondering, if for some reason I don’t pass the first time of the actual exam, will I be able to retake it immediately?
Although my result wasn’t that promising, i have to admit that this is such a good mock test
BUMMER! I only got 39 right. Back to the drawing board.
This is great information. I have a few buddies I will share this with who are trying to get into the construction industry.
This is just what i need to brush up on my fire extinguisher knowledge. I sure hope this will help me pass.
Those mock test questions are more difficult than I expected them to be. I guess I have to put more effort into my review for the real thing. Thank you for sharing this!
Hey my score isn’t that great. Are you coming up with another set? Is this like similar to the questions on the actual exam?
I’ve sadly discovered that I was wrong in more than 50% in this test. This is really disencouraging, but good job on the test questions. Mocked for real
I would suggest to make the choices clickable. It would be like the viewers are taking thh exam.
We have created some exams like that and more to come in the furture
I copied the questions on the piece of paper as a reference for future review. I did not expect that the questions will be like these. It is very helpful, Thank you!
I would just like to thank you for this questions. They’re really a big help in preparing for the exams. My score isn’t that good, so I have to go over my notes again!
Thanks guys for these questions. Big help before the big day! Good luck everyone!
Good luck to you too!
All the questions are very important. I hope you guys will keep providing more as i am already done with them. Thanks.
Man this site is jam-packed with great mocks! Just what I needed to get my study on!
wow this is such a good mock exam! I had fun answering it
Thank you for all these questions and answers. This is really helpful for my practice exams.
This is exactly what I’ve been looking for for a while. I will definitely share this mock test to my colleagues. Thanks a lot!
grrrhh I got some obvious ones wrong that I should have known. So glad this is only a test!
Well 48 out of 50 ain’t bad :p but i want that 50!
How many do you need to get to pass?
Which extinguisher of the following is best used for an electrical fire?
a. Wet Chemica
Now this got me confused.. I saw it somewhere else that Foam is the right answer to this question and Its CO2 on yours.
Foam is mainly used for Class A: SOLIDS such as paper, wood, plastic etc and Class B: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS such as paraffin, petrol, oil etc
You really do not want to put anything liquid on electrics!
Foam is mainly for Fuel powered fire, which is class B.
Foam can be used for class A (which is wood, paper, textile, plastic, …) too though
Agreed but they were talking about electrical.
very good test
The link buttons reveal an error when mouse is hovered over them
VERY GOOD MOCK EXAM.. INTHIS TEST EXAM I GOT 45.. I’M HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES HOW CAN I GET CSCS CARD FOR TRANSMISSION TOWER ERECTOR OR SCAFOLDING ERECTOR.
done test shared on facebook but no answers appeared ?
he questions seems pretty impressive, thanks admin for your effort on this. I hope these are the similar questions to the one we’re going to answer as i have mine later in the day.
Is a very good mock test that you need to try before the test.
48 out of 50 just goes to show us old timers can still get it wrong ha ha good test though.
i counlt find answers
See if you can see them now at the bottom of the page
I get 50 out of 50 hope I get a pass in the next test.thanks
My first attempt score 40/50 I think I will be fine after few touches.
Finally getting 50/50 thanks very good way to practice
this test is great it lets you know the ones you get wrong
I have my test in a weeks time so just brushing up 46 out of 50 is that a pass
Test tomorrow without this I would have failed
Great test to check what you should know on site
Test booked in Portsmouth today 3.30.
Excellent interactive mock tests, and an excellent revision aid, they will have been invaluable when I sit my HSE TEST to renew my cpcs card. Thanks.
Glad to hear you liked the tests
good mock test
I cant get the answers to show up. Some of the questions were worded pretty poorly too:
29.A sign that shows a fire and finger pressing a button in red and white means?
A. The area is a fire assembly point
B. The area has a fire extinguisher
C. There is a fire alarm happening
D. B and C
Im guessing its C because its the only thing to do with a fire alarm, but it doesnt mean an alarm is happening?
Thanks for pointing this out, we have edited the post.
What a waste of time i can’t get the answer even though i shared it on every platform. thank for the help construction skill test?
Thank your for pointing this issue out, we have now resolved it and you should be able to get your answers.
50/50 every time I think I’m ready
Test booked tomorrow 2.30.
Good luck for tomorrow Neil
According your test’s question 1, the site that has got Prohibition Notice does not need to undergo review (as you marked the answer D – all personnell need to cease the site/work – that I am not denying that is wrong), which could be quite misleading or not very clear answer/solution in this case in my eyes. You can find A as the correct answers to this question in other cscs tests. Are you sure with your choise D as the only correct answer here?
In a way both answers are correct, but the question only needs one answer. So you have to think which would be the answer they are looking for when they ask this question.
After a Prohibition notice is given the first thing that needs to happen is everyone will need to stop work. After that then yes they would need to have a review but that cannot happen first.
Hope this helps. All questions have come from real CSCS exams.
Agreed Some of the “answers” are in fact incorrect-trust me-I am a fully qualified H and S Auditor with NEBOSH Dip.
As stated before these questions and answers have come from REAL CSCS Exams. To save on anymore arguments about this we have edited the question to select two answers.
what is the failed test highest number
or the lowest number for a pass
The pass mark for the exam is 47 out of 50
question 39. lifting a load, it is impossible to lift a load with a straight back if the load is on the floor. The question does not indicate where the load is situated so the answer could be B it would have to be at the waist to shoulder height to lift with a straight back as in a bear hug type of lift.
This is the way some CSCS questions are, these are the questions you will get in the real exam so you will have to pick which you think is best.
As it is best to avoid picking up loads from the floor you should think about it from that viewpoint.
Is this for the actual CSCS health, safety & environmental test for operatives as of 2017
Hi Ethan, this is a mock exam for the 2017 year yes.
It was a good experience
What a great way to practice a test
good mock test
It’s PULL, aim, squeeze and sweep.
Thank you for pointing out this mistake, we have updated the test.
Shared but no answers
Answers are at the bottom of the test
Where are the answers ???
Found mock test very useful
Mock test good got most qu correct
Great mock test I only got 5 wrong I need to improve more !!
WAS INDEED HELPFUL THANKS
This mock test was great you get out what you put in it helped me