In this practice exam, we have created a full 50 question mock filled with CSCS Health and Safety questions. You will need to get at least 47 of 50 to pass the exam and gain your CSCS Card. This will cover most of the health and safety topics you need to know about which include dust and fumes, noise and vibration, health welfare, personal protective equipment, hazardous substances, manual handling, fire prevention and control and working at height. There are some multiple choice questions in these exams you please make sure you read the question fully before moving onto the next one.
When you go to take your real exam you will have to complete the test within 45 minutes. There will be no timer on this CSCS practice exam so please keep an eye on the time so you know when you start and finish, this will give you an idea of the pace you will need to work through the questions.
Post your results below and let us know how you got on.
This health and safety CSCS mock test offers you 16 questions to get a taste and an understanding of the type of questions you will face when applying for your CSCS card. When you are preparing to take your exam it is best to learn as much as you can, one of the best ways of doing this is to sit as many mock exams as possible so you can understand the type and style of questions you will face in the real exam.
Health and safety play a key role in construction sites and you will be expected to know answers to these types of situations, keeping yourself and your co-workers safe. We all know construction sites can be very dangerous places to work so it is very important to use your common sense to keep every safe.
It is up to everyone on the construction site to make sure that the site is a safe place to work so everyone working has a responsibility to report hazards or problems they might find. So let’s get down to the quiz and test your knowledge on health and safety.
1. To help prevent rats on the work site, what should every person do?
a. Bring a large cat to the site.
b. Buy rat traps and put them round site.
c. They should not leave bits of food lying around the work site.
d. Ask the local authority to put down rat poison.
2. If you breathe in asbestos dust it can cause what?
a. Painful joints.
b. Lung Disease.
c. Aching muscles.
3. The PAT test label on a power tool tells you what?
a. When the tool was made.
b. Who tested the tool before it left the factory.
c. When the next safety check is due.
d. It is earth-loop impedance.
4. You are walking across the site, which is the best way to avoid having an accident with plant vehicles?
a. Get a ride on the plant vehicle.
b. Make sure you have the attention of the plant driver before you become too close to it.
c. Keep to the pedestrian routes.
d. Make sure you are wearing high-vis clothing.
5. If you or a co-worker decides to go to a pub at lunchtime and they have a couple of beers. What should the do next?
a. They must not return to the work site for the rest of the day.
b. Stay away for an hour and then go back to work.
c. Drink plenty of strong coffee then go back to work.
d. Eat something, wait for 30 minutes then go back to work.
6. You are using an electric drill when it cuts out, how should you proceed?
a. Pull the electric cable to see if it is loose.
b. Shake it to see if it will start again.
c. Switch off the power and look for signs of damage.
d. Switch the power off and on a few times.
7. You are walking across the site when a mobile crane backs up across you. What will you need to do?
a. Start to run so that you can pass behind the crane.
b. Help the driver to back up.
c. Wait or find another way around the crane.
d. Pass close to the front of the crane.
8. You should not just rely on barrier cream to protect your skin from harmful substances because?
a. It can be hard to wash off your hands.
b. It is known to irritate skin.
c. It costs too much to use every day.
d. Many harmful substances go straight through it.
9. If you need to use a power tool in a waterlogged part of the site, it is safest to?
a. Use an air powered tool if possible.
b. Only use the 230-volt equipment.
c. Wear Wellington boots.
d. Wrap a plastic bag around the tool.
10. You see a driver that is spilling diesel on the ground while refuelling an excavator. How should you proceed?
a. Look for the spillage kit immediately.
b. You must tell the driver right away.
c. You can do nothing as it will seep into the ground.
d. Tell your supervisor the next time you see them.
11. Exposure to which of the these may NOT result in you getting lung disease?
a. Silica dust.
d. Bird droppings.
12. If your hands get into contact with a hazardous substance when eating you can easily pass it on to your mouth. Give TWO answers how you could stop this?
a. Put your protective gloves on inside out before you eat.
b. Wash your hands before eating.
c. Wear protective gloves while you are working.
d. Wash the gloves you have been wearing and put them on inside out.
e. Put barrier cream on before eating.
13. If an extension cable has a cut in its outer cover, you should do what?
a. Put a bigger fuse in the cable plug.
b. Check the copper wires do not show through the cut then use the cable.
c. Put electrical tape around the damaged area.
d. Report the fault and make sure no one else uses the cable.
14. It is safe to work close to an overhead power line if?
a. You use a wooden ladder.
b. You do not touch the line for more than 30 seconds.
c. The power is switched off.
d. It is not raining.
15. There is smoke coming from the motor on your electric drill, what should you do?
a. Unplug the drill and make sure no one else uses it.
b. Allow the drill to cool for 30 minutes.
c. Pour water over it.
d. Use a carbon dioxide extinguisher.
16. You should use an RCD with 230 volts tool because?
a. It saves energy and lowers costs.
b. It quickly cuts off the power if there is a fault.
c. It makes the tool run at safe speeds.
d. It lowers the voltage.
To find out your answers just click one of the sharing icons below and they will be revealed.
Why not leave a comment with your answers below before you reveal them. Good Luck.
Mock Test Answers [sociallocker]
Post a comment below and let us know how you get on. Good luck everyone in gaining their CSCS Card.