Owning a CSCS card will be one of the most important things to have if you would like a job on a construction site. You should have a grasp on how to report accidents in the work site if you or any of your co-workers have an accident, most of these questions require you to have some basic knowledge of how to report an accident or what to do after one.
It is essential to prepare for your cscs test with our free cscs mock exams questions. Please read the questions thoroughly and make sure you understand the question before choosing your answer. All the answers to these cscs mock practice test questions will be at the bottom of this page.
Practicing online with these questions will give you a good feel of what to expect in the cscs exam and make you more prepare for what to expect. Passing the new cscs exam will require a more all-round knowledge of basic health and safety knowledge, since the recent updates to the cscs exam in April 2012 more and more candidates are finding it difficult to achieve the 47 out of 50 correct answers required to pass their cscs exam.
All Answers to this cscs mock test will be at the bottom of this page.
1. Hand-arm vibration syndrome or vibration white finger can be described as?
a. An airborne disease that can affect your breathing
b. A sign that your hands are on the way to becoming permanently injured
c. Frostbite that can lead to permanent damage to your arms and fingers
d. A severe rash on your arm that‘s caused by exposure to hazardous substances
2. Disposable masks should be used no more than?
a. Seven working days
b. Nine working days
c. One day or one shift
d. Ten working days
3. If you discover a child wondering around on a construction site, what should you do?
a. Just ignore it as it’s not your problem
b. Escort the child to safety immediately
c. Find your site manager and report it
d. Find your supervisor and report it
4. Which body part will be most likely to be injured when manually handling and moving heavy loads?
5. Which is the most suitable fire extinguishers for use on electrical fires?
a. CO2 and water
b. CO2 and dry powder
c. Foam and dry powder
d. CO2 and foam
6. Which of these best describes a “tool box talk”?
a. It’s a detailed guide on how to store your tools safely
b. It’s a short discussion on a specific health and safety topic
c. It’s a guide that outlines the tools approved for use on site
d. It’s a guide that explains the benefits of choosing the right tools for a job
7. Which of these should you consider before carrying a load?
A. The distance you need to travel
b. Whether or not the path is clear and hazard free
c. The weight and dimensions of the object
d. All of the above
8. What does the term PAT signify when referred to in the construction industry?
a. Professional Appliance Test
b. Portable Appliance Test
c. Portable Application Tested. Professional Aptitude Test
d. Professional Aptitude Test
9. Which of the following is the best angle for a ladder when it is placed against a wall on the floor?
10. Which of these two types of fire extinguishers should you avoid using in confined spaces? Choose 2 answers
c. Carbon dioxide
d. Dry powder