Here is an up to date list of all the places you can take your CSCS exam, but it is always a good idea to visit the CSCS website and book online if you can, that way you will be 100% sure that you are visiting the closest test centre to your home or place of work.
- CSCS Test Centre Locations In The UK
- Luton CSCS Test Centre
- Coventry CSCS Test Centre
- Derby CSCS Test Centre
- Doncaster CSCS Test Centre
- Dudley CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Dumfries CSCS Test Centre
- Dundee CSCS Test Centre
- Eastbourne CSCS Test Centre
- Edinburgh CSCS Test Centre
- Elgin CSCS Test Centre
- Exeter CSCS Test Centre
- Fareham CSCS Card Test Centre
- Fort William CSCS Card Test Centre
- Gairloch CSCS Test Centre
- Glasgow CSCS Test Centre
- Gloucester CSCS Test Centre
- Harlow CSCS Test Centre
- Harrogate CSCS Test Centre
- Hastings CSCS Test Centre
- Haverfordwest CSCS Test Centre
- Helmsdale CSCS Test Centre
- Hereford CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Huddersfield CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Hull CSCS Test Centre
- Huntly CSCS Test Centre
- Ilford CSCS Test Centre
- Inverness CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Ipswich CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Isle of Arran CSCS Test Centre
- Isle of Barra CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Isle of Benbecula CSCS Test Centre
- Isle of Islay CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Isle of Mull CSCS Test Centre
- Isle of Scilly CSCS Test Centre
- Kings Lynn CSCS Test Centre
- Kingston CSCS Test Centre
- Lerwick CSCS Test Centre
- Lincoln CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Londonderry CSCS Test Centre
- Lowestoft CSCS Card Test Centre
- Manchester CSCS Card Test Centre
- Mansfield CSCS Card Test Centre
- Middlesbrough CSCS Card Test Centre Details
- Milton Keynes CSCS Test Centre
- Morpeth CSCS Test Centre
- Newcastle CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Newport CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Newry CSCS Test Centre
- Northampton CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- Norwich CSCS Test Centre – Construction Skills Test
- So how do I go about Booking my CSCS Card Test
CSCS Test Centre Locations In The UK
So how do I go about Booking my CSCS Card Test
If you are ready to take your CSCS exam at this test centre, you can either sign in online by clicking here, or you can book over the phone by calling 0344 994 4488.
What should I take with me to the CSCS exam?
It is of the highest importance’s that you bring photographic identification with you to the test centre, their rules dictate ” No ID, No Test!”
Which forms of ID are accepted
The forms of ID’s that are accepted are ones with a photo, So a valid UK Photo card driving licence showing a photograph of yourself and your signature.
Also a passport – This will be accepted from any nationality which has both photo and signature.
Things you should do before sitting the CSCS test
It is very important you take your time to learn and revise as much as you can before sitting the exam. Take plenty of CSCS mock tests and practice exams before sitting your exam, plenty of mock exams can be found on YouTube. You can also purchase additional revision tools and materials online from retailers such as Amazon.
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme or CSCS aims to improve the level of competency among workers in the UK. Further, it also works on increasing the health and safety awareness among all workers to minimise the risks and fatalities in the sites.
The Health, Safety & Environment Test is one of the significant qualifications when applying under this scheme to ensure the promotion of a safe working environment. Once you passed the test, a CSCS card will be issued which corresponds to your occupation. This card will serve as proof of competence and all relevant qualifications that allow you access to the site.
How to book HS&E Test
Bookings can be done in three ways –
- Online, as soon as you have registered your details; or
- By phone, which you can call every Monday to Friday; or
- By mail, by sending your application form through post.
Details of your test will be sent via email or through the post.
In the year 1995 the CSCS card was meant to take safety measures on the work site and now with its excellent result in the last few years it has now become compulsory to have a CSCS card to work in a construction site. To get your CSCS card you need to be a little familiar with the process of getting it. The first thing that one should know before applying to get the CSCS Card is you need to know the right type of card that suites you the most. The cards would be issued according to the type of the job you have experience in or you qualify for. The proper card would depend on the job place that you hold. For example green cards are made for the normal site operatives, because for the managers and other skilled workers will have cards of different color.
There are two options available for applicants from where one can apply for their CSCS card. They are as follows.
Using A third-party
To get the CSCS card the first option is the third-party companies. These third-party companies offer advice as well as support in the process of applying for the CSCS card. They offer their services to anyone working in the field of construction irrespective of whether you are new to the industry or have experience. They have vast experience in this field and are very familiar to the procedure. This third party companies will guide you through the application process including a hand in filling of the application forms for the CSCS card. Making use of third-party companies is an easy option for people who do not have time to sort out the entire procedure on their own. These third parties charged for these services and the cost will vary from company to company as every organisation charges their services differently. Thus before selecting the third-party company ensures that you know what the overall cost will be as well as the scope of services that they will offer you.
Call an agent
The second option is by contacting an agent. Here you will have to call an agent and provide him your personal information like your name, date of birth, address, National Insurance Number, information regarding the current job experience if any etc. The agent will then help you to analyse you your current position in the construction industry. This will help you to figure out what type of CSCS card would be best suited for your needs. The agent will tell which CSCS Test needs to be schedule, if any additional training is required or documentation which has to be submitted with the application form etc.
Online Application for CSCS Card
There are lots of sites on the internet where one can look for filling online form for CSCS card. That form requires a little personal information about you. Also there are 4 different application forms which need to be filled with correct information as they are job role specific. You can download a application form here.
Where to take HS&E Test
The HS&E Test you will take must be given by a CITB approved centre. It can be through –
- A fixed test centre operated by a delivery provider – When you register online to book the test, you can find a lot of accredited testing centres. At present, there are more than 150 testing centres to choose from, and you can opt for a centre near your place.
- An independent Internet Test centre (ITC) – ITCs are operated by colleges, training providers or commercial organisations. When you decide to take the test on ITCs, contact them directly to book the HS&E test.
- A corporate test event – If there are more than 16 individuals, the organisation can arrange a suitable location for the group when taking the test.
These are the options when taking the test. More importantly, make sure to book only at the accredited test centres.